Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reagan's First Birthday

Reagan's First Birthday was on Monday. I can't believe that she is already a year old. It honestly seems like it was just yesterday that we brought her home. We are so thankful to our Heavenly Father who answered our prayers. And thankful to Reagan's birthfamily who brought Reagan into our lives. We can't imagine life without her. She is a burst of energy that keeps going and going and going. We smile and laugh everyday as Reagan learns, discovers and even says new things. I love that eventhough she is getting more independant and wants to do things herself she still loves to sit on my lap and cuddle with me. Hopefully she never grows out of that. We spent the weekend in Idaho so that Reagan could have a big family party for her first birthday with her grandparents and any aunts, uncles and cousins that were around. She had lots of fun especially with her cousin Oakley who is 10 months older than her. Randy has been wanting Reagan to walk really bad. So he told her she couldn't have a birthday unless she walked. She has been taking steps here and there for weeks now but not walking all over. Not to worry the day of her birthday party which we had on Sunday she started walking all over the place. Randy thanks Oakley for that. Reagan loves to play with Oakley. Reagan started to crawl because she wanted to play with Oakley and then started to walk because she wanted to play with Oakley.


Reagan walking all around Grandma's house before her birthday party!!




The Ducky cake that I made. I wouldn't say that it turned out exactly how I had planned but it's pretty good for my first cake. I figure Reagan will have plenty of birthday's for me to perfect my cake decorating skills.

Not really sure what she is supposed to do with the cake. She kept on looking at us to see if it was alright to eat it. I finally had to give her a taste on my finger so she'd realize that it was yummy!!
Getting the hang of this cake thing.
Our Happy Birthday Girl!!

More impressed with the bow that the present.

Checking out her new toy.

Laying on her soft fur outfit and soft blanket. Both Grandma's know how that Reagan absoulutly LOVES soft things.


Getting the hang of opening presents.

At home with her new push Lion toy.

6 comments:

Katie said...

How fun! Happy Birthday to Reagan and to you! The cake looked great. So cute.

Shaun&jennifer said...

Wow! All ready 1, i remember you sending the email telling everyone the good news. She is such a cuttie pie.

Heather Jones said...

I miss her already :(

JLB Family said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!!! I am glad it was so fun and that you were able to be close to family.

attack of The Mouse said...

I can't believe she is a year already. She is adorable. Tell R. that our little E. didn't walk till she was 15 1/2 months old. So way to go Reagan. She is adorable. Happy birthday.

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! Thanks for the email- it is so fun to keep in touch! Reagan is just a doll- I remember holding her when she was just a few days old. . . so precious!