Monday, March 23, 2009

Was it Worth It??

Yesterday we attended Stake Conference. Our Stake takes in a lot of area. Because of this they decided to have two different sessions of Stake Conference to accommodate everyone without a lot of traveling. Our session was at two p.m. about 45 minutes away. Not the best time for kids especially mine who usually naps at that time of the day. Reagan did not enjoy the drive to church and complained most of the time. We decided to carpool with some friends our ours who don't have kids. Not sure if they will want to do that with us again. Randy and I both fought with Reagan all through Conference both taking our turns out in the hall with her. There were many moments that I wondered why we had even gone surely we weren't getting anything from any of the speakers. So was it worth dragging my one year old to Stake Conference even though it was a miserable experience? Our Bishop talked a few weeks ago about the importance of attending Stake Conference. Despite how challenging children can be I feel good knowing that we were obedient and followed our Bishop's counsel...so it was worth it!!

2 comments:

Shaun&jennifer said...

we have 1 o'clock church and sacrament is last, and I ask myself that same question every week...but yes, it is worth it, and remember you're not alone in this.

Heather Jones said...

your so good. sometimes I am just too tired and miss church, It is going to be hard with a baby!! but yes, it is totally worth it and Reagan will be such a good little girl cause her parents are great examples.