Almost two weeks ago my Grandpa passed away. It wasn't a big surprise he hasn't been well for a while. It has been sad to watch because he has been longing to join my grandma on the other side (she passed away 8 years ago). He didn't understand why he was still here. But as we know things don't happen on our timetable but on the Lords. Even though I know that he is happier now and with my grandma and Uncle Brent who passed away three years ago. It is never really easy to say goodbye to those you love.My Grandpa served in World War 2. He was a co pilot but flew a lot of the time. His plane was actually shot down the day my mom was born. My grandma didn't know if he survived or not. So my mom was named Maxene after my Grandpa Max. He returned from the war months later and he and my grandma had four more children (all boys just like in my family).


It was pretty neat when the military folded Grandpa's flag and presented it to my mom because she is the oldest child.
I wasn't able to spend as my time with my grandparents the last few years as I would have likes just because I lived in Indiana and now in Colorado. But am visited them when I visited Idaho. I am grateful that my Grandpa was able to meet Reagan.
This picture was taken with my mom and Grandpa when Reagan was about six months old.
WE LOVE YOU GRANDPA AND WILL MISS YOU!!!!
1 comment:
Very sweet! Ditto!
Post a Comment